FaCtS Of LiFe

♥ You're not best friends because you sit together at LUNCh or taLK on the phone, or have matching fLiP-fLOPS or can recite each others Wardrobe. You're bestfriends because when she smiles, a grin forces itself across ur face no matter how mad you are, when she cries you instantly feel her pain and want to cry with her. When you Look her in the eyes you know theres no one you could ever tryst more regardLess of how many broken hearts you've had. That's what it means to be best friends...♥

Wedding Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, April 17, 2008

No Smoking Please

I USED TO dream of finding a non-smoker bf.I hated the smell of smoke.I can't stand the smell,the smoke & it dust.May be bcoz' no one in my family smoke at that time,so i'm not use to it.My father used to smoke cigar made of nipah leaf long time ago but he stop smoking after he had an accident at his workplace.The doc advised him to stop for his own good.My brothers were still young & my parent forbid them to smoke.My mum will cane them if they were found smoking.Mostly man likes to smoke.So i can know people especially man were coming to my house from the smell of the smoke.
I will stay away from smokers.I'll detest when smokers blow out the smoke infront of me.It was such an annoy seeing people smoke at open space & public area like bus stop.Many times i saw people smoke at the bus stop crowded with commuters.He just didn't consider about others.Why can't he just go away or smoke far from the crowd?What an inconsiderate people.

I don't smoke & i don't want to smoke but doesn't mean i hate smokers.Hate means u just can't accept them,faced them,detest them.I only hate inconsiderate smokers;who smoke at the public places,who throw away the cigar butts anywhere they like.I used to dream for non-smoker bf but nowadays it's hard to find a non-smoker.Even girls smoke.
I have my own reasons why i can't tolerate with smoker/smoke.I used to have an asthma.So i can't endure the smoke,dust,furs,small particles,strong smell (either bad odour or fragrance) & also tobacco smoke.I have to avoid myself from all these factors which can set off asthma attack. Luckily it was only a mild asthma & i experience occasional symptons.It slowly cured once i grow up bcoz' my asthma was common among small children even though occasionally i experience chest tightness & coughing during the cold weather.
When i first start working (with real job),my boss is a heavy smoker & he smokes anywhere he likes even in the office.He smoke like a dragon.Hahaha.We can smell his arrival from far away.His shirts & body smell of stale smoke.At first,i can't stand it.I have to sit or stand far away from him.If not i will have a breathing problem.The dust from the smoke & the butt are all over the place.But at the time passes,i'm used to it.I can 'accept' the smoke,the smell & the dust but it doesn't mean i permit smoking. Please don't blow out the smoke directly into my face.
Then i met my bf aka my fiance.Unluckily he was a heavy smoker himself.He can smoke 2 to 3 14's packets of cigar a day.At the beginning i don't mind of his habit bcoz' i know all men are smoking.But it bcome my 'business' when instead of food,he chooses cigar.When he has small amount of money,he's willing to not eat as long as he can smoke.& i found out that he spends more at cigars compare to others.I use to joke about his habit but he shoos it away.At that time i know i've no right to ban him from smoking but today,as his wife-to-be,i should & can advise him for his own good.& also for my own good.
He knew i don't like smoke but i never forbid him directly as i know the more u stop him the more he'll do it.He even said he won't stop smoking bcoz' of others instruction.He'll stop by himself.But i respect him very much bcoz' he'll blow out the smoke other way,not to my face.He throw out the butt in the bin or ashtray.He'll make sure the dust won't fly all over the house.He also know how to take care of himself.I mean he always brushes his teeth so no yellow teeth, no bad breath, no 'black' & rough lips.He frequently washes his cloths so no body odour.

All people know it's hard to stop people from smoking.No matter what u say,no matter what government, minister of health, docs & experts said,they won't accept.Whenever i pointed out the advertisements in the paper or tv about the side effect of smoking,there's always excuses.He always asked me back;Does all the hospitalised patient warded bcoz' of illness from smoking?Government said cancer was the main killer in the country,so what's the connection with smoking?Does the docs & experts who said so are non-smokers?If smoking is bad for health,why should government sold it?Why government approved the tobacco production?
I always know it's no use to forbid him so i used another method.I'm not going to stop him instead i advised him to go slow on smoking.I convinced him to cut down the number of cigars per day.& whenever he coughed or complained about chest tightness,i'll remind him of smoking side effects.I reminded him about a statement;Your smoke is also bad for other people - they breathe in your smoke secondhand and can get many of the same problems as smokers do.If he doesn't love himself,please love me bcoz' once he smokes,i'll also breath in the smoke.I also reminded him about another statement;smoke give a greater chance of certain pregnancy problems or having a baby die from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).He loves children & he always wants his own baby so he has to know the consequences of his habit.http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1562

Now the only thing i can do apart of advising him is supporting him.I know it was hard for him to quit smoking instantly as he has lighting it up as young as 9 year-old.All his friends are smokers so no matter how strong u tried to quit,there's always influences.U don't buy the cigar but u can always ask from others.If u don't ask for it,they will offer.It's hard to resist the temptation.Starting this year he has cut out numbers of cigar.A packet of 14's cigar can last for 2 days.It was an improvement.He used to joke;his friends & brothers surely will laugh at him if he stops smoking.U see,smoking has been a lifestyle.It has been accepted nationwides.Non smokers treated as a girly people,assumed as not macho & not cool enough to be accepted in certain circulation of people.To be accepted,they have to smoke.
He was so determine to cut out his habit,even though not quitting, bcoz' he realizes smoking has costs him a lot of money.He need to save for our wedding.But one thing i find out,the less he smokes the more he eats.He said,his mouth used to suck things so he needs to 'suck' other things instead of cigars.The replacement was food.Erm......Hahaha.....


No comments:

This Day In History