FaCtS Of LiFe

♥ You're not best friends because you sit together at LUNCh or taLK on the phone, or have matching fLiP-fLOPS or can recite each others Wardrobe. You're bestfriends because when she smiles, a grin forces itself across ur face no matter how mad you are, when she cries you instantly feel her pain and want to cry with her. When you Look her in the eyes you know theres no one you could ever tryst more regardLess of how many broken hearts you've had. That's what it means to be best friends...♥

Wedding Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

AIDS

Many people may wonder why did i write about illness/diseases for this few days.I know many people aware about cancers & aids but i just want to tell about my experience.Yesterday my mum called.I was told my cousin died.He was a year younger than me but i'm quite close to him when we're young since he & his other siblings often came to my grandma's house during school break.But as the time passes we didn't met as often as b4.Sometimes we met during hari raya.& now he dead.& i was shocked to be told he died bcoz' of AIDS.
Since i haven't seen him for a very long time (he lived in another town),i didn't know much of his whereabouts.My aunt (his mother) didn't tell much of his children (i didn't blame her bcoz' i know all mothers will protect their children no matter waht).I was really shocked bcoz' i've known him as a good boy & son,& yet he died of untreatable diseases.His death revealed every thing about his life.He was a drug addict.He has been admitted into hospital a few times b4.Since the virus has 'conquered' all his body system,the docs couldn't do anything.
I was such a waste to see a young died of avoidable disease.I've seen few of my young villagers died of the same cause,AIDS.& it all caused by drug addiction.My village used to be identified as a 'black area' by the police bcoz' many youngsters involved with drugs, the village was used as a distribution area among drug dealers & it was also used as an escaped route from the police as my village surrounded by paddy fields,drains & dense bushes.So many youngsters involved as it was easy the get the drug supply.The sad thing is their parents acted like they didn't see waht their children do.Many didn't dare to forbid/stop/prevent their children's deed.& many of them very over proctective over their children;they will hide their children when the police came.They even bailed out their children if were caught.They won't send their children to rehibilitation center.
So the outcome is those youngsters consecutively used the drugs,shared the injection needle & finally most of them infected with HIV & AIDS.They didn't get any medical help so that when they were admitted to the hospital,it was too late.
I have few other cousins involved with drugs.My uncle has done everything to stop his addiction & almost successful.I wish i don't have to lost another family members bcoz' of AIDS.A few months ago,my cousin died at sudden.His family told villagers he died of heart attack but we all knew the actual cause.He was a drug user but his family either didn't know or purposely won't admit it.
My parent was very worried of their children especially my brothers.At my village,almost every house has at least one drug user.So my parent especially my mum monitored my brothers closely bcoz' they didn't want them to involve with drugs & other unhealthy activities.They want to know who are their friends,where they go,what they do,they have to inform my parent when they want to go out & most importantly they have to be at home b4 the nightfall & they can't go out at night except for tuition.These went on until they left school & start working.
From my observation,despite other factors,lack of love & attention from families was the major factor of drug using.Parents gave full freedom to their child & didn't monitor their activities.Today our children spend most of their times with friends & they're very unlucky if they befriend the wrong people.Like my parent,even though both of them are working,they want to know all my brothers' friend.Used to happen,my mum forbid my youngest brother to befriend one of the villager's kid bcoz' she knew that boy smoked even though he was still at school.She didn't want my brother get bad influences from that boy.
I pray someday when i had my own children,i can follow my parent's method to teach the children.Thanks to god 5 of us have bcame good samaritan bcoz' my parent's lessons.It was sad to see the energy from the youngsters that can be used for usefull things has been wasted.They are the hope the family & nation but they died dishonourable bcoz' of AIDS,the nation's number one enemy.




No comments:

This Day In History