FaCtS Of LiFe

♥ You're not best friends because you sit together at LUNCh or taLK on the phone, or have matching fLiP-fLOPS or can recite each others Wardrobe. You're bestfriends because when she smiles, a grin forces itself across ur face no matter how mad you are, when she cries you instantly feel her pain and want to cry with her. When you Look her in the eyes you know theres no one you could ever tryst more regardLess of how many broken hearts you've had. That's what it means to be best friends...♥

Wedding Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hepi April Fool + Hepi Anniversary

zwani.com myspace graphic comments

April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day, though not a holiday in its own right, is a notable day celebrated in many countries on April 1. The day is marked by the commission of hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, enemies and neighbors, or sending them on fools' errands, the aim of which is to embarrass the gullible.
Some believe the original April fool was Ceres, Rome’s Goddess of Agriculture, who was tricked into chasing the echoes of her daughter’s cries for help when the girl was kidnapped by the lord of the underworld.
Some say it dates back to the Julian calendar when April marked the end of the New Year holiday. Still others believe it refers to the tricky weather in Europe during this season.
Whatever the origins, April Fool jokes have been practised since the 13th century in Western Europe and are now celebrated globally.



zwani.com myspace graphic commentsApril Fools! Just kidding.It comes again,every year,w/o fail.Some people have bad experience on this date;the harrasment & embarrasment.Some take serious of the prank-playing,some take it as a joke.Either way,its not a good deed,for me bcoz' we could humilate others.What if it happen to us?Luckily,i had no experience of being 'fools' on this date.All my friends didn't celebrate it as we think it was such a bad behaviour;only fools like to play fools on other people.And we're not fools.


I always remember 1st April;not bcoz' it's an April Fools Day but bcoz' of something that had change my life. It started on the same date 6 years ago;01/04/2002.So today,once again i celebrate my anniversary.May be others think it was the day i met my fiance or the day we declare our love (didn't we?) or the day i was born?No!6 years ago,on the same date,i started my new career here,at smasher group sdn bhd.The day where i moved into a more corporate world with a 'real' job.The day where i feel that my sacrife & struggle have been paid off (even though not 100%). So,it has been 6 years i put my effort,energy & 'brain' into this company.
I remember a few day b4 i start my job.It started when i fed-up with my previous job.No future, no guarantee.So,my fiance took me to see his friend (my boss now).The funny thing is i've been interviewed at the site project office,no air-cond,no proper office.Just wooden bench,open air.I started to work on this date bcoz' it falls on monday.So,it was such a good day to start.I'm the only office staff on that time,assisted by my boss' wife (my current lady boss).We have a few site staffs but i rarely saw them as they worked at other places.As the company progress,i've seen new staffs came in & left but finally i'm the one who manage to last,have the guts to endure all the difficulties.

I met many people during my 'journey',good people,irritate people.But it all make me who i am today;brave enough to face people,more mature,dare to make decision,talkative (brave enough to talk to people),tidak kelam kabut dlm menangani masalah (tdk cepat melatah), & the most important thing is i managed to discover new skills & knowledge.As i worked independently,i learned how to make a decision,the best decision so that it won't effect the company.I've learned how to deal & treat other people as i'm the only one here in the office.Sometimes i felt very tensed as the work is new to me.I've no experience in purchasing material & negotiating.I didn't how how to calculate the material needs,how to read a plan,how to decide what,how much & which material should be used.I'm totally blank as construction is something new to me.But luckily my boss,my manager & other staffs were very generous;they're not tightfisted in terms of knowledge.They treats me well & they taught me a lot.

And now after 6 years,i'm still here.Some people jokingly said;i've sign a lifetime agreement with my boss.Hahaha.Actually i'm also like others,want to move on into a more challenging job,a more worth & significant pay.Maybe people think that i'm afraid to move on.Yes sometimes i did.What if the new job didn't suit me?What if i can't adopt myself with the new people & surroundings?What if the boss & top management too fussy?What if this,what if that?Too many 'if'.It's not that i'm coward or not confident with myself,it's just that i'm not feeling to move on right now.I want to have bigger salary,bigger responsibilty,bigger room (hehehe),bigger spending power. But for now i just comfortable to be here.

So for now,i congratulate myself for the 6 years' hardwork,struggle,hardship,excellent job,etc.Congratulation to me as the only staff who last til' now.


No comments:

This Day In History