Fifteen Fool-Proof Earth Hour Activities
Sources : That Unreliable Girl
1. Attend a local Earth Hour event or organise your own by throwing an Earth Hour street party with your neighbours. The ones you like, anyway.
2. Gather family and friends for a night picnic in your local park. Look at the stars, dodge the dog poop.
3. Take the kids trick or treating. It's worth a shot.
4. Get drunk alone in the dark, like every other Saturday.
5. Enjoy a family dinner by candlelight.
6. Sit in the dark and share stories. Preferably not alone. Pets don't count.
7. Share a romantic night in with your loved one. Sexy time. Pets still don't count.
8. Roam the neighbourhood pretending to be a zombie.
9. Go for a long drive with the headlights off. Preferably in a SUV/4WD. Call everyone you know and be smug about your "contribution".
10. Organise a family night playing board games. Bring on the Jenga!
11. Dig out hand-cranked flashlight and make shadow puppets like in the old days. Quickly realise that the old days weren't much fun.
12. Congratulate yourself on your dogged perseverance for going an hour without playing Wii.
13. Trip over the cat. Curse. A lot. And make it loud while you're at it.
14. Huddle in the basement with a shotgun and a case of canned ravioli and pretend it's the apocalypse.
15. Worry that the aliens won't be able to find your house in the dark.