FaCtS Of LiFe

♥ You're not best friends because you sit together at LUNCh or taLK on the phone, or have matching fLiP-fLOPS or can recite each others Wardrobe. You're bestfriends because when she smiles, a grin forces itself across ur face no matter how mad you are, when she cries you instantly feel her pain and want to cry with her. When you Look her in the eyes you know theres no one you could ever tryst more regardLess of how many broken hearts you've had. That's what it means to be best friends...♥

Wedding Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, May 26, 2008

He's Cooking....

If u ask me who's my favorite chef?Surely i would say my mom.& no. 2 is my fiance.He was a good cook,better than i am.He can cook almost every thing.He has no professional training in cooking but he is very creative.Even his mom & siblings approve his skill.He has no specific recipe,he just 'campak2' all the ingrediants & voila,it's ready. When i asked him what & how many he put in his cooking,he said he just estimate it & put as to taste (secukup rasa).& when he @ i want to cook the same dish again,he said he forgot what he put in it as he has no specific recipe.Aiyoh....
Sometimes i take for granted when it comes to cooking.When he was around,he'll cook & i just help him prepare the ingrediants.It was so romantic when i woke up & came back from work,the breakfast or dinner has ready.But frankly speaking,we used to argue about cooking;either i was too lazy to cook or my dish not as he expect.
There 2 main reasons why i was lazy to cook when he was around.No. 1,he cook better than i am.When i cook,he always commenting my dish or the way i cook.Sometimes he came to the kitchen & interfere my cooking process.Everyone have their own way,but he wanted me to follow his method.So,instead of me,it's better if he cook himself.No. 2 is he was too fussy in terms of food.He didn't eat veggie.Even if we used onion,garlic,ginger or as such,either i have to pound it very fine or slice them big enough bcoz' he didn't like their taste.He can't taste them directly if they were finely pound & he can pick & put them aside if they're sliced bigger.If the size was not too big & not too small,either he declined to eat them or he'll take some times to pick them up.Very fussy.
He only ate certain fish.He didn't eat fresh water fish like talapia, keli & such.As his father is a fisherman,he used to eat 'better' fish,so he was very choosy in terms of fish.He didn't eat domestic chicken (ayam kampung), its egg & anything to do with them such as cake using its egg.He didn't eat duck or goose, mutton or buffalow meat.Erm,sometimes i've to keep aside my desire to eat them when he was around.
But now as he was far,i've to cook on my own & whatever i like,even things that he dislikes.& when he came back,once in awhile he'll cook my favorite dishes but most of the time i've to cook.He reminded me,after we get married,he wanted me to cook for him.He'll resign as a cook.So that's why i've to learn to cook from now on.
I don't know why i was too lazy when it comes to cooking.I've been cooking for my family since i was small.I still remember,since i was in primary school,my mom taught me to cook as i've to cook for our family almost every day bcoz' at that time my parent was bz at the paddy field.So,i've to cook b4 i go to school.It went on until i left for university.
On that time we cook using fire wood,no gas cooker.I've to monitor the fire so that the rice cook very well.I've mastered the cooking skill at that time.But the skill slowly faded once i entered uni.I'll back home twice a year.Sometimes i took for granted & used tired for an excuse to escape from cooking.& my mom just nag for awhile,then she'll cook afterward.Sometimes she nagged at me of not paying attention while she was cooking.U know what,i used to say to myself long time ago;it's ok if i can't cook bcoz' i'll hire a maid when i get married.Hahaha...what a foolish thought.
& now, no matter what i've to learn to cook in my 30's as my fiance has already told that he wanted to eat his wife's dishes.I know,i'll never hire a maid.Not bcoz' i can't afford it (not sure yet),but bcoz' it is a good deed to cook for husband & it's a wife duty to cook no matter how high her qualification & post.& one more thing,i felt ashamed with myself bcoz' he cook better than i am.Malu la pompuan x tau masak....
I admit,i'm not a good cook but i can cook.& i swear,not in my life i see someone died after eating my cooking.Hahaha...

No comments:

This Day In History