FaCtS Of LiFe

♥ You're not best friends because you sit together at LUNCh or taLK on the phone, or have matching fLiP-fLOPS or can recite each others Wardrobe. You're bestfriends because when she smiles, a grin forces itself across ur face no matter how mad you are, when she cries you instantly feel her pain and want to cry with her. When you Look her in the eyes you know theres no one you could ever tryst more regardLess of how many broken hearts you've had. That's what it means to be best friends...♥

Wedding Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Just Married

Hello again.Supposedly today is my off day.But since i just taken a long holiday,i decided to come to office to finish a few things. Erm, i guess today i've the opportunity to jot down the chronicles of my wedding day;b4,the day & after.But i'm sorry i can't put the picture here yet as all the photo with my brother.I told him to send me all the photos soon.As soon as the photos are ready,i'll published it here.




28th September 2008
4.45am - my fiance & i arrived at kt bus station.My fiance's brother fetched us up & sent me home first.I still have the opportunity to 'sahur' with my family.
All day long i only took a nap since i'm really exhausted since the last few weeks,i haven't had enough sleep.& it was really tiring sitting & sleeping in the bus for almost 7 hours.






29th September 2008
Morning, i sent my mom the hospital to take her medicine.She was on medication for post menstruation treatment.It was really exhausting since there were a lot of people at the medicine counter.We had to wait almost 2 hours.Government hospital....u knew what i meaned.
Then we went to 'pasar kedai payang' to buy a few things for my wedding preparation.After that we went home.As soon as i arrived at home,my brother told that my fiance called several times.When i called him,he was already at KT town.I thought he's not going to come to town today since this morning he told me he's too tired to travel.After zohor prayer,instantly i went to town once again.It was too tiring.The weather was so hot.It seems that i had to go at the same place twice today.
He's already there.I'm quite angry with him since he's supposed to tell me earlier so that i hadn't have to travel many times.Even though the town was not that far from my house,but it's fasting month.I'm already tired, thirsty & hungry.
Bcoz' of that we had a small fight.After we left the bank,the rain poured really heavily.We're supposed to buy a few things together today,but bcoz' of the fight,we lost our interest to go shopping.& what made it worst,he didn't want to wait for the rain to stop.He started the motorbike (forgot to tell u that we're travelling with motorbike bcoz' of the traffic jam) & dashed into the rain.We're soaked wet.I'm really mad with him.I'm not sure why he did that since he's not going t go home yet bcoz' he promised to his brother-in-law to fetch him up at pekan bt 6 (his brother-in-law was also at the town shopping for hari raya).
I thought he's not in bad mood already.But once again we had another small fight while waiting for his brother-in-law.At first,we're planning to go shopping for kueh for breaking fast with his brother-in-law & his sister at the nearby market.But bcoz' of the fight,i went home first b4 his b-i-l arrive.I didn't want to prolong the fight.I figured out what went wrong today.We're supposed to be happy & avoid any dissagreement right now since the big day only just around the corner;4 days left.I guess that's what people said;darah manis & dugaan.Erm....
Luckily he called me once i arrived at home to check whether i'm safely arrived.& his voice seems calm.





30th September 2008
Morning,i went to the town once again.This time i went alone,to get some other things.Then,i'm ready for raya preparation.This year we celebrated hari raya moderately since we're bz with the wedding.





1st October 2008
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri.Maaf zahir & batin.
Morning-went to the mosque to perform raya pray.After that went to my mom's cousin's house.After that,we went home.As we're bz to get ready with the dish,my cousins' arrived.Today,my mom made nasi dagang,our traditional dish as the main dish,apart of ketupat & nasi impit with beef rendang.As for the drink,as usual,orange juice.Thanx to sunquick.
This year i didn't make or buy any raya cookies.We only depended on my sister-in-law's kueh raya & 2 types of cookies bought by my brother,apart of cakes, marukku & popia,also bought by my brothers.
Our relatives came early this year.B4 lunch time, my mom's nasi dagang already finished.No more left.She was happy with it but quite amazed since b4 this,the rice will be still left until evening.So,she had to cook another dish for the coming guests.This time she cooked a pot of chicken rice.By night,it's already finished.
Evening-my fiance came to visit us.He came alone.This was going to be our last raya b4 being husband & wife.





2nd October 2008
2nd day of raya.My brother came home today with his wife 7 childrens.They celebrated 1st raya at his parent-in-laws' house in gemas, n9.A few of my brothers' friend came today.I was bz with my wedding preparation;gubah hantaran.I'm doing it by myself since i wanted it to be special;a gift to my future husband.I've been searching for ideas from the internet since the day one we engaged.





3rd October 2008
Early morning, my mom went to 'pasar borong' with my brothers to buy all the things that are going to be cooked for the 'kenduri'.They bought chickens, fishes & vegetables.My cousins, relatives, aunties & neighbours came to prepare the ingrediants for the kenduri.The washed the eggs & boiled them.The eggs were going to be the gift for the guests.At the same time,they peeled the onions, garlics, tumerics, gingers, etc.After my mom came back,they helped clean & cut the chicken & fish.We're very lucky to live in the village bcoz' when there's any 'kenduri',we will cooperate or 'gotong-royong' to prepare it.So,no catering needed.
Until late at night,we're bz fill in the eggs into the eggs' box.I'm lucky to have helpful cousins & relatives as they helped with the 'pelamin'.I'm not going to 'bersanding' but the 'pelamin' was needed for photograph sessions (konon2 la).Furthermore, the wedding ceremony will be held in front of the pelamin.
It was a simple pelamin, but i like it.
My mom & i already decorated my room.After seeing the final results,it was like a king's wedding.Why?Bz it all yellow.My brother painted our house with yellow colour.My mom made yellow curtain.My mom bought (my brother picked) yellow bedsheet set for my room.Luckily i bought pinkish flowers for other decorations.The pelamin also in yellowish light colour.Our wedding dresses were also in yellow.It all look yellow,except for my 'hantaran'.I used red theme.
It seems that they all have been planned but actually no.It all a coincidence.A really good coincidence.
I went to back really late for the final touch of my room & 'hantaran'.I really satisfied with the outcome since they all were my ideas & hand made.
Actually we all went to bed late.My uncles & cousins went back almost at 2 am.The men were bz with the cow.My parents slaughter 2 cows.After hearing it,i realized my parents made a big 'kenduri'.Apart of 2 cows, they bought chickens & fishes (i forgot the numbers od them).They also bought 1500 eggs.They estimated the guests will be 1000+ & it all our family members, apart of family friends & neighbours.I realized our family were big.




4TH OCTOBER 2008
The day has come.I woke up early even though i hadn't had enough sleep.Today is my big day.The ceremony will be held at 11.00am.So i still had times to do final touch.But wonder oh wonder,at about 10.00am the groom already arrived.Too early.I became chaos as i'm not ready.I haven't dress up yet bcoz' i thought they will only arrive, may be at 10.30 or almost at 11.00am.Luckily the 'tok kadi' haven't arrived yet.So i went to have a quick shower.Then i started dress up.Luckily i have cousins who can help me to put make-up on me.I didn't know how to put make up but i already bought all the make-ups needed.I was really impressed with the outcome.
Then the time came.The 'tok kadi' already arrived.First the 'tok kadi' came to see me with my father to ask for the permission to married me to my fiance.After signing the form, the 'akad nikah' was performed.I can hear clearly my husband's voice saying the 'akad' & reading the 'lafaz taklid'.Only with 2 'akad', i legally became his wife.After the 'doa',we met for the first time as husband & wife at 'majlis membatal air sembahyang'.He put on the bracelet on my right hand.I kissed his hand & then he kissed my forehead.At that time my heart was so touched.Believe it or not,i've became his wife.We've became husband & wife.After all these years (7 years);good & bad,we finally married.Thanx to Allah for realizing our desire & dream.After that,time to greet my in-laws.We've became a family now.
The ceremony was glorious bcoz' at that time the guests already came, so they had a chance to witness the ceremony.We performed our 'akad nikah' & the 'kenduri' at the same time.
After photograph sessions;done by my brothers, cousins & sister-in-law (note:my brother bought a new digital camera with his bonus especially for my wedding;thanx bro),we sent my in-laws home.
The guests were too many.My parent said all the people they invite came.We're too bz entertain the guests.I was so happy to meet all my relatives.But i'm more happier to see my friends,especially long time friends;yati,ani,rocky,nor,nita,tie,etc.We have't met for so long but today we met again.It was like a reunion party.There're a lot to tell among us but the time was to short.& we never know when will we meet again bcoz' most of them lived far & some of them already married.Not forgotten,my good friend while i was teaching at skkt,kak nor.I only sent invitation card to her as i lost her hp number & hadn't had time to go to her house.I was surprised to see her after such a long time.She came with her husband & daughter.
The guests kept on coming until night.Families from far & near came to help & celebrate the day.The food was good & most of all,it's enough for all.
That night,my husband & i (it was quite strange to say the word 'husband' at first)started performing our main duty.Opps...don't be scared.It's not what u think.The duty was cleaning the remaining dishes & most of all, the pot & 'kawah'.It was so challenging as the 'kawah' were so big & burned.We had to cleaned them up until clean & shining.For some people,may be it was a punishement,but for us it was a fun.People have treated us like a king for the whole day.They've worked very hard to make the 'kenduri' successful.Now it's time for the 'king' to finish of the rest & the hardest.One more thing,that was the time for us to be together bcoz' at that time there's only the of us.At that time,we can talk to each other.I took the opportunity to ask him why did he had to say the 'akad' twice?At first he was so nervous.I can hear his trembling voice.Furthermore,the 'tok kadi' used his own version to say the 'akad'.If not mistaken,instead of using 'aku' or 'saya',he used 'hamba'.The word 'hamba' or 'ambe' was a word by terengganu people to say i.Anyhow,the most challenging task has been done.Now,we're legally pronounced as husband & wife.
We went to bed quite late as we had to clean up the house.





5th October 2008
Early morning,we continued our tasks.Cleaning & tidying up.My mom already went to my aunties' house (her house was far from us) bcoz' today my cousin is going to engage.They used my sirih junjung given by my husband as the hantaran.My husband & i went to my auntie's house after zohor pray.It was the first house we went as husband & wife.We thought the ceremony already finished as the man's family promised to come right after zohor pray.But they only arrived after asar pray.
The ceremony was performed with a lot controversies. I'll write about it in my coming post.
That night we opened up all the presents given by my friends & other guests.We received a lot presents & most of them were glasses.I guess it was the most important thing to have in a house when guests came.Apart of that,I received bedsheets (seems that we didn’t have to buy the new one), towels, etc.





6th October 2008
Today,we went to my parent-in-law's house for majlis menyambut menantu.We went there in convoy which consist of 9 cars & vans.The 'kenduri' was big.I was so nervous to be with my in-laws even though i have met most of them b4.Luckily my husband always by my side most of the time.
That night we went to my husband's uncles' houses to get to know them as we didn't had the chance to meet during the 'kenduri'.
That night we went to bed early as we're too tired.We've been working non-stop since we went back here.Tomorrow,we're going to clean up all the leftovers here at my in-law's house.





7th October 2008
I tried to fix in with my in-laws.I guess i have no problem to fix in since i already knew my husband's sister,ma.& guess what,i can have a long talk with my father-in-law,compared to my mother-in-law. My husband was so amazed with it since according to him,his father was not that talkative & he seldomly had a talk with his daughter-in-laws or son-in-laws.It seems that we had a chemistry & always has story to tell.At least I had someone to talk to apart of my husband.





8th October 2008
Today is ‘raya enam’.Here at my place we celebrated it after ‘puasa enam’ by visiting the graveyard. At some places,they celebrated this ‘raya 6’ bigger than the ‘raya aidilfitri’.
After zohor pray,my brother-in-law sent us back to my parents’ house as tonight we’re going back to kl.So,today,I had the opportunity to be with my parents b4 went back to kl.I didn’t know when will we meet again.
10.00pm we got on the bus, sent by my mom & brother.





9th October 2008
We arrived here in kl at about 5.30am.We went home by taxi as we brought a lot of things with us.Luckily my brother took all the wedding presents with him back to kl last Tuesday.
Today is the day to fill up the house with the furniture & electrical appliances.We bought new bigger bed, tv cabinet, kitchen cabinet, closet, freeze, tv, dvd player, washer, gas cooker, etc.





13th October 2008
We start working again but my husband only went to the site office on Thursday morning as he ‘can’t’ leave his loving wife alone.Hahaha….

No comments:

This Day In History